Currently Open Position(s)
Please send resumes, writing samples and salary requirements to Shelley Kinney at: email@example.com
(Seasonal February – June 2018)
Northern California County-wide initiative campaign seeking day-to-day Campaign Manager. The manager will be responsible for all day-to-day operations and is expected to be highly organized, productive and efficient while having the ability to multi-task as priorities change, can effectively manage and direct volunteers, organize the committee and is able to successfully execute campaign objectives.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Build and utilize committee member relationships to help build support for our position of the initiative.
- Speak to individuals and groups regarding the initiative, building momentum for our position of the initiative.
- Attend functions on behalf of the campaign.
- Implement the campaign plan provided by the campaign consultant.
- Keeping a campaign calendar of events throughout the County between now and Election Day.
- Maintaining a database of endorsements of all those supporting our position of the initiative.
- Planning events for the campaign. Events include fundraisers, neighborhood coffees and other meet-and-greet opportunities throughout the County. Coordination will be required between the host to ensure there are appetizers, wine and campaign materials available at each event.
- Coordinating fundraising efforts for the campaign. Fundraising efforts will be executed by dialing for dollars, preparing email blasts requesting donations, and utilizing other mediums to solicit contributions to the campaign.
- Conducting extensive grassroots outreach efforts that will entail many elements of the campaign plan proposed by the campaign consultant. These activities include the following:
- Scheduling and organizing neighborhood coffee events to educate voters about the initiative.
- Developing a sign program to identify possible sign locations and organizing the effort to place signs.
- Planning phone banks to call voters throughout the County to educate them about the initiative.
- Executing door-to-door canvassing activities to educate voters about the initiative.
- Organizing and managing volunteers for voter outreach efforts
- Utilizing social media to educate voters about the initiative.
- Identifying supporters to sign letters-to-the-editor in support of our position of the initiative.
- Absentee Ballot Program. In the weeks leading up to and following the arrival of ballots for those who vote by mail, we must turn our supporters to ensure they vote. The absentee ballot program includes the following:
- Track those who have returned their ballots to the Registrar of Voters Office
- Phone banking for those who vote by mail
- Door-to-door canvassing for those who vote by mail
- Get Out The Vote (GOTV). On Election Day, we must turn out voters to ensure they get to the polls. GOTV efforts include the following:
- Poll watching for those who do not vote by mail
- Phone banking for those who do not vote by mail
- Door-to-door canvassing for those who do not vote by mail
- Election Night Party
- Organize an Election Night party at the Campaign Headquarters or another venue approved by the Campaign Consultant if a Campaign Headquarters does not exist
- Prepare food, wine and beverages for the event
- Invite all campaign supporters to watch the election results unfold